POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : SciFi: Preview 01+: Imperial Carrier SENECA : Re: SciFi: Preview 01+: Imperial Carrier SENECA Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:51:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SciFi: Preview 01+: Imperial Carrier SENECA
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 22 May 2006 18:06:58
Message: <44723602$1@news.povray.org>
Greetings alltogedda!

This small video is a recompiled copy of a larger 800x600 video. That, too,
has these bad flickering effects. It is not a result of any video codec.

I rendered the animation with radiosity turned on, and jittering
consequently turned off. And yes, Tom is right, the ship has 3 layers, the
first layer featuring an ambient-5.0-pigment-White texture.

Tom, you say that this could be the reason for the flickering, right? What
can I do to get rid of the flickering? Setting the ambient down to 1.0? and
what else? Any way to change the sampling, and would that help?

PS: for those who want to get larger versions: there is a fast playing
(lesser seconds) version of 45 MB, and the real freaky full-size original
monster video of 124 MB. But if you want to get it, you need to tell me how!
;-)

Greetings,

Sven