POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Any tool to transform objects to meshes : Re: Any tool to transform objects to meshes Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:20:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any tool to transform objects to meshes
From: Alain
Date: 21 May 2006 09:06:09
Message: <447065c1$1@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 21/05/2006 07:51:
> Question to those who work with meshes:
>
> my current scene has a long huge pole (diameter 600 units=meters, from -200z
> to +1800z) and many vertical cylinders with spheres at their ends inside
> which are cut at the huge main cylinder's edge (intersection or difference).
> The rendering speed is torturing slooow.
>
> Having this transformed to a mesh, would it render faster?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Sven

Is your camera inside that object? Are all those protuding elements like buildings
constructed on
the iner face? Try to use an union instead. If you don't see the outer part, there
won't be any
difference, but will render much faster.
You can also give some thickness to the cylinder wall by differencing it from a
slightly larger one.

--
Alain
Feminism: Men are shit.