POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Any tool to transform objects to meshes : Re: Any tool to transform objects to meshes Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Any tool to transform objects to meshes
From: M a r c
Date: 21 May 2006 08:08:01
Message: <44705821@news.povray.org>

44705433$1@news.povray.org...
> Question to those who work with meshes:
>
> my current scene has a long huge pole (diameter 600 units=meters,
from -200z
> to +1800z) and many vertical cylinders with spheres at their ends inside
> which are cut at the huge main cylinder's edge (intersection or
difference).
> The rendering speed is torturing slooow.
>
> Having this transformed to a mesh, would it render faster?
>
> Greetings,
>
> Sven

Likely : calculing lot of differences with a huge object is time consuming,
rendering it as a mesh is very faster.

are your vertical cylinder with sphere all the same?.
If yes, you could make one difference with a short cylinder and multicopy it
all along (with rotations  around z) to build a long cylinder

Marc