POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Trace(): help required : Re: Trace(): help required Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trace(): help required
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 19 May 2006 06:36:44
Message: <446d9fbc$1@news.povray.org>
Warp,

I am in shame! My life lost any sense, and my soul is now condemned for
10,000 eons! You was right, actually!

I have a habit: whe ever I see the source code of scenes written by others,
I at first transform it into my own way of writing (setting spaces aka
blanks, just a kind of re-formatting). Now, what happened: I changed the
formatting, and - you are so right - I removed commas. I usually don't use
commas often, but made the experience that this was not giving any trouble.
But here, it was leading to a somewhat different interpretion of the scene!
Not an error message, just a scene without cylinders (which is, as a result,
quite interesting).

I use for extensive testing the beta 12a version of POV-Ray.

I just replaced my formatting with your original, and it works! Sorry again,
Warp. And also: deep thanks for having taken so much time and good intention
to help! Please go on with that!   :-)

Greetings,

Sven