POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Trace(): help required : Re: Trace(): help required Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:13:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trace(): help required
From: Warp
Date: 19 May 2006 05:18:39
Message: <446d8d6d@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski <sve### [at] jamaica-focuscom> wrote:
> hmm, not sure how to work your "comment" out...   :-)

  It means: I don't understand how it is possible that you are getting
just a torus. The scene creates a big bunch of cylinders besides the
torus so I cannot understand how it is possible.
  Which version of POV-Ray are you using?

> Let me just give you the scene as I got it from you. Remember, I am an
> absolute beginner if it comes to the trace function.

> #version 3.5;

  This wasn't in my scene.

>   #declare Intersection = trace(AnObject < IndX, DropHeight, IndZ > -y,

  There are missing commas there. Why did you remove them?

--
                                                          - Warp