POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Missing Links : Re: Missing Links Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Missing Links
From: Chris B
Date: 17 May 2006 09:55:42
Message: <446b2b5e$1@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote in message
>I wondered why that missing link page displayed so badly both in Konqueror
>and Firefox. Then I tried to validate the hml code with
>http://validator.w3.org and found that it has tons of errors.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/zc6gz
>
> --
> Tor Olav
> http://subcube.com

Hi Tor,

It was generated from Microsoft Excel, then geocities wraps it in some
scripts, which probably doesn't help - So I can't (and wouldn't want to)
take credit for the HTML, but I did take a look at the error list you posted
the URL to:

The first error shows no DocType and, as it says "The Validator has tried to
validate with a fallback DTD, but this is quite likely to be incorrect and
will generate a large number of incorrect error messages" which explains
quite a lot of the following errors. This seems to have stopped it from
recognising the Microsoft name spaces specified which makes it throw out
even more errors.
Near the bottom of the listing it's complaining about a load of script tags
and stuff added by the free Geocities host site. Most of these reported
errors shouldn't affect most browsers.

Indeed I have tried the page with the latest version of Mozilla Firefox and,
although it overlaps some of the text, most of it seemed legible on my
version. I don't have Konqueror.
I can post it in other formats if anyone is finding it unusable.

Regards,
Chris B.