POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Broadcase quality? : Re: Broadcast quality? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:15:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Broadcast quality?
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 16 May 2006 16:29:35
Message: <446a362f@news.povray.org>
All sizes as seen already inside my answer for this posting. Here again
(copied from my previous answer here):

Hi Stefan,

usually, the traditional TV standards (NTSC, SECAM and PAL) feature low
screen resolutions between 720H480V to 720H576V (horizontal/vertical)
pixels. That means, your pictures don't need to be much bigger, unless they
want to have a full-detailed camera move above it. If it is a plain display
of your image, these screen resolutions should be okay.

But in any case, I suggest that you start a brief communication with them,
as well. Whatever rules do exist in theory, the praxis of life can look
quite different.

Here are some useful links:
http://www.mtxindia.com/An1.htm
http://kropla.com/tv.htm
http://www.digitalfernsehen.de/specials/df_12735.html (don't care for the
language, just take the numbers of pixels, very easy)

Greetings,

Sven