POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Broadcase quality? : Re: Broadcase quality? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:19:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Broadcase quality?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 16 May 2006 02:13:25
Message: <44696d85$1@news.povray.org>
Stefan Viljoen <spamnot@ wrote:
> Yay! But how should I render the image to make it suitable for broadcast?
> Anybody else had to do this before (I assume yes) - what size / aspect
> ratios / camera angles do you suggest to eventually get the best result
> when it is broadcast and displayed on a TV screen?

The easiest size that you can create and that they can deal with will be
765*576 pixels. Set the aspect ratio to 4:3 as usual. Make sure you use
reasonable anti-aliasing. If it is just a still picture, their video editors
will do the rest.

If you are to supply an animation, or content for HD-TV or widescreen,
things are different of course. In that case you should ask them firstwhat
they prefer to dealwith, and if anything is unclear as far as configuring
POV-Ray is concerned, ask here again with exactly what they specified.

	Thorsten, POV-Team