POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Broadcase quality? : Re: Broadcase quality? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Broadcase quality?
From: Alain
Date: 15 May 2006 21:32:20
Message: <44692ba4$1@news.povray.org>
Stefan Viljoen <spamnot@ nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 15/05/2006 14:48:
> Hi guys
>
> I got an enquiry today from a UK TV production house that want to use one of
> my images in a TV program.
>
> Yay! But how should I render the image to make it suitable for broadcast?
> Anybody else had to do this before (I assume yes) - what size / aspect
> ratios / camera angles do you suggest to eventually get the best result
> when it is broadcast and displayed on a TV screen?
>
> Any pointers as regards copyrights, royalties, etc. etc.?
Personaly, I would go for a resolution around 3 to 5 times the TV resolution's. This
will enable the
producter to zoom in on some details if wanted. The effective screen aspect ratio is
4:3, even it
the displayed pixels are not square, and your image's pixels probably don't need to
match the
camera' ones.
Ask the productor how your images will be used: directly? printed and shown with a
camera? What
dimentions are the best? TV stations have some prety cool image manipulation softwares
and
hardwares. Those can do all sort if format convertions and manipulations.

--
Alain
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.