POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Links Reorg : Re: Why so much stress? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why so much stress?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 12 May 2006 10:25:36
Message: <44649ae0$1@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski wrote:
> I am not sure if I understand, why you have not your website doing it
> automatically.
>
> It is soo easy to use common PHP scripts (surely also ASP and others) to
> execute each time on page load a text, if each of the links still works and
> to remove those links where the target file isn't available anymore.

You should have followed the original discusion. And thought a bit about
what your suggestion implies: With each temporary server failure links would
get removed. After some time, there would bee no more links left. And links
would not be updated to point to the most current location either.

	Thorsten