POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Links Reorg : Re: POV-Ray Links Reorg Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Links Reorg
From: Chris B
Date: 12 May 2006 08:47:16
Message: <446483d4$1@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:44646f66@news.povray.org...

> "Chris B" <c_b### [at] btconnectcomnospam> wrote in message
>
>   Hi Chris
>
>      If it's any help at all, I've just done a Xenu broken link render and
> saved it as an .htm file. It's nearly 4MB, so if you want it, let me know
> where I can send it. Looking at the report, there are a lot of things to
> do to tidy the site up. (Nearly 5,500 links! About 1,600 broken).
>
>      ~Steve~

Hi Steve,
That sounds like a few more than we're looking at. We've focused just on the
resource links that are generated from a links database and we have 1044
links with 282 that were reported as broken.
So far we've fixed about half of the broken ones, but we're not going to be
updating the web site until we've checked out the 'non-broken' ones too and
finished reorganising the categories.

I'd be interested to know where such a big difference comes from though. You
didn't scan the whole povrag.org domain did you? because that would include
the newsgroups which probably contain a large number of broken links that
we're not looking to fix. If it's not that, then I'd be interested in seeing
the listing, but 4MB is too big for my email account. What does it compress
down to? Otherwise do you have a web site you could publish it onto?

Regards,
Chris B.