POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : printing in color : Re: printing in color Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:17:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: printing in color
From: Chris B
Date: 11 May 2006 17:10:13
Message: <4463a835$1@news.povray.org>
"Dennis Miller" <dhm### [at] comcastnet> wrote in message
> Totally weird, as
> 1.10.1.1.5
> says the printout is always monochrome!!
> best.,
> D.

We may have a different version. I have 3.6. The help on mine only goes up
to 1.7 and a search on 'print' doesn't return anything.
Anyway. My printout prints in colour. When I go File, Print, the top option
on the left says 'Use color', which was already selected.

I've also got PrimoPDF (which appears as a printer but generates PDF files)
and that generates a PDF file in colour.
Furthermore, when I cut and paste from the PDF file into Word it retains the
right colours (though if I cut and paste straight from POV-Ray it loses
them).
I tried Powerpoint too and that pastes the PDF content as colour so long as
you paste special and select 'Formatted Text'

If you want you could post the source file and I could generate a colour PDF
file for you (probably best to use povray.binaries.scene.files for that).

Regards,
Chris B.