POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Where to find free Poser objects : Re: Where to find free Poser objects Server Time
3 May 2024 05:59:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where to find free Poser objects
From: gonzo
Date: 9 May 2006 22:13:27
Message: <44614c47@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski wrote:
> Hi Gonzo,
>
> thanks a lot for your response. You are writing about something which I find
> particularily interesting: that you are able to create clothings. I want to
> ask you for something: If I give you some scanned-in sketches of space suits
> with persons inside, do you think you could create them and send them to me?
> That way, I could give them individual positions.

Er... I think you misunderstood what I'm doing...  I create my figure in
poser, convert it to .mdl, import it into hamapatch and make the
clothing specific to that figure in hamapatch.  I haven't yet figured
out how to make clothing that can be imported and posed in poser.

Although, if it's spacesuits (like the bulky NASA kind) and not organic
people you want, I would think that should be quite possible in SDL.  If
you mean uniforms (like Star Trek) then you're back to basic clothing...

> I also would have an urgent need for 3D ancient Romans and ancient sailors.
> Again, I can easily supply you with all details, photos and illustrations.

My urgent isn't working...  I simply don't have time lately for much
POVing.  That's why I haven't had an IRTC entry in ages :-(

> One question more: is it anyhow, with whatever tricks, possible to create a
> human with four arms and other things like that (maybe a human inside a
> human)?

You could pose and export just the 'extra' arms from poser and combine
them in PovRay...  For more alien types, I'd look at Wing3d or Blender
if there's a Windows version.

RG