POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : ISF.RC (International Science Fiction Raytracing Competition) : Re: ISF.RC (International Science Fiction Raytracing Competition) Server Time
23 Apr 2024 03:52:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ISF.RC (International Science Fiction Raytracing Competition)
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 9 May 2006 13:35:24
Message: <4460d2dc$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks, How Camp, for your answer.

I understand now much better the sense of the #local keyword. But that would
apply only to texture names within the SDL, but not to the filenames itself
(*.jpg, *.png, etc.).

And my concern is just the file name on the harddrive. Because if the
texture JPGs aren't saved on the harddrive, it just won't work and I end up
being the beta tester for all kind of error messages!   :-)

No, again: the problem is not the texture name within the SDL, but the file
names of texture graphics supplied by each artist. And I, personally, don't
have fun to work with many different folders - I prefer just one folder for
all POV-Ray texture graphic files.

Greetings to everyone,

Sven