POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Re: Input file size restrictions?? : Re: Input file size restrictions?? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 03:08:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Input file size restrictions??
From: Warp
Date: 7 May 2006 06:17:23
Message: <445dc932@news.povray.org>
Nicolas Calimet <pov### [at] freefr> wrote:
> > -ftsp-ordering

>         This option or anything similar doesn't seem to exist in any gcc version
> I've tried (up to 4.1.0).  How come?

  That's odd. I'm using gcc 3.3.5. From the info page:

`-ftsp-ordering'
     In addition to heuristic used at `-freorder-blocks', use also a
     more powerful method based on the reduction to the Travelling
     Salesman Problem to determine the good order of basic blocks in
     the function.  This generally produces smaller and faster
     programs, at the expense of longer compile times.

  It doesn't have a *big* effect, but it consistently made abyss.pov render
about 1 second faster than without it (307 vs 308 seconds), so I left it in.
Leaving it out isn't much of a loss.

--
                                                          - Warp