POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Render Window: Selection Lasso rather than Selection Rectangle : Re: Render Window: Selection Lasso rather than Selection Rectangle Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render Window: Selection Lasso rather than Selection Rectangle
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 5 May 2006 13:49:59
Message: <445b9047$1@news.povray.org>
Greetings, Trevor!

Yes, I agree with you about both points you are making: it can be
implemented, but due the more positions it would have some sort of impact to
the current command line options (integration of an array of x-y numbers). I
think, this parameter could look this way ("laso needs to be replaced by a
single letter):
+LASSO50:10,40:30,50:50,70:50,80:40,70:30
This could make a hexagon.

But even if so, the old SC, SR, EC,ER parameters could be continued, as
well. Why not?

It is just, that some scenes have details surrounded by many slow objects.
In order to prevent any of these unneccessary slowing objects, only a lasso
can do.

Sincerely,

Sven