POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Input file size restrictions?? : Re: Input file size restrictions?? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Input file size restrictions??
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 4 May 2006 10:15:14
Message: <445a0c72$1@news.povray.org>
>> 1) get the source distro of POV-Ray for Unix and "configure && make install"
>> 2) get the 64-bit PC-Linux distribution of MegaPOV
>
> You distribute an Itanium binary of MegaPOV? Are you sure? He said he
> has an Itanium system...
>
>     Thorsten

     Ah, right, while writing I forgot it was for the Itanium 2 -- I kinda got
flooded by all those (R) and (TM) symbols in the relevant message   ;-)

     As mentioned on the MegaPOV download page, the 64-bit PC-Linux binary
prepared by the MegaPOV maintainers is meant to run on the AMD64 (and most
likely Intel EM64T as well), i.e. x86-64 platforms.  I believe this binary
won't run on the Itanium (i.e. IA-64 platforms) although I can't test either.

     So point 2) above is not valid.  Point 1) still is.
     Thanks for pointing this out.

     - NC