POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Roller Coaster WIP 6 (MPEG1 Link: 4.7 MB) : Re: Roller Coaster WIP 6 (MPEG1 Link: 4.7 MB) Server Time
5 Jul 2024 10:37:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Roller Coaster WIP 6 (MPEG1 Link: 4.7 MB)
From: DJ Wiza
Date: 3 May 2006 12:25:13
Message: <4458d969$1@news.povray.org>
David Brickell wrote:
> Ok no problem.  If things get a little more drawn out with your intended
> landscape and 3DS objects my offer still stands.  That is if you can
> split the animation down into sections?
>
> Keep the animations coming
>
> Dave

You can and you can't split the animation.

At every frame, it tries to read two variables from a text file.  These
two variables tell my script the current location and speed.  If it
can't find this file, it starts from the beginning.

So by creating this file yourself, you can make it start somewhere in
the middle.

-DJ