POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Needed: Tool to create POV-humans : Re: Needed: Tool to create POV-humans Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:23:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Needed: Tool to create POV-humans
From: Chris B
Date: 3 May 2006 08:27:30
Message: <4458a1b2@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> "Chris B" <c_b### [at] btconnectcomnospam> wrote:
>> I posted some Alpha source for POV-Person in January that does all the
>> things you describe by using POV-Ray macros and include files
>
> that's trully impressive, Chris!  amazing work!

Thanks.

I've been meaning to put an updated version on my web site, but I keep
adding things and I find it difficult to draw a line so I can document and
test it all.

The main change since January is that I've switched the sequence in which it
performs the calculations, because it used to add the body parts before
calculating the joint locations. The latest version allows the body parts to
be deformed based upon the pose. I've redone the fingers using the new
format so that they change shape as they bend. I've stalled a bit on the
palm of the hand, but I'll have to get back to it soon. I plan ultimately to
use the same principle for animating the face and for eliminating some
unpleasantly sharp joint marks on the neck and shoulders.

Another change is that in the January Alpha the 'include' files that control
the pose, clothes and stuff are passed in as parameters on the macro call.
In the current source they're assigned to arrays, so that it's possible to
specify multiple include files for each thing. With this it's possible to
have a separate pose file for the body and for the hands, making it easier
to manage. I've also been working on some additional pose files converted
from BVH motion capture data.

Regards,
Chris B.