POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Invitation: POV Universe : Invitation: POV Universe Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:14:34 EDT (-0400)
  Invitation: POV Universe
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 2 May 2006 22:50:10
Message: <44581a62@news.povray.org>
Greetings to all!

I am working right now on a number of starships (please see thread "SF:
Preview 03: Imperial Carrier" with sub threads inside the
povray.binaries.images group), and would like to invite you all to add your
starship designs to this project.

There are some important guidelines to follow:

- each POV-Ray unit equals to one meter
- you must supply me the exact dimensions and ranges on the three axises (x,
y, z)
- they must have a sufficient amount of details in order to fit (again: see
image)
- they must look technical - excentrically colored discs will not be
accepted
- the textures should have lights (windows)
- colors should fit the given standard design
- front is -z, back is +z, top is +y, bottom is -y, left is -x, right is +x
- files supplied as include
- objects can consist of meshes or regular shapes (boxes, cylinders, etc.)

Also welcome:

- humans in future spacesuits (practical, light-weight suits)
- small crafts such as maintenance capsulas, maintenance robots,
atmospherical ferries, space ferries, fighters, corvettes, observers, other
small ships
- realistic planets such as seen on the background of some of my previews

On demand, I will supply you with my textures and source code examples how
to use them. That would ensure a certain similarity.

Looking forward to hear from you all!

Sven