POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray.org links : Re: povray.org links Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:19:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray.org links
From: Chris B
Date: 2 May 2006 12:27:40
Message: <4457887c$1@news.povray.org>
"Chris Cason" <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote in
message news:44576d10@news.povray.org...
>I should point out that we already have a DB-driven PHP-based interface for
> editing the links ... the only issue with it is that it's not designed for
> multiple people to use at once (e.g. it won't cleanly handle the situation
> where two people happen to edit the same link at more or less the same
> time -
> the newest content will nuke the other one). We also need to add user
> authentication for it. As it stands it's really an internal tool for our
> own use.
>
> Basically if we can solve those (it's really just a time issue) I could
> open
> it for editing to authenticated users. (Actually the problem with dual
> edits
> could be solved by a division of labor amongst the editors, so it's really
> just authentication).
>
> -- Chris

Hi Chris,

That sound just the job for maintaining it.

I would think that for methodically dividing up the task and for initially
updating the database it would be easiest to work with a big
machine-readable text file (and would sidestep the other issues for the time
being), though maybe that's just my ludite tendencies emerging :-). Anyway,
let me know if you'd like me to undertake that.

Best Regards,
Chris. B.