POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Image_map like decals : Re: Image_map like decals Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Image_map like decals
From: Chris B
Date: 2 May 2006 11:25:02
Message: <445779ce$1@news.povray.org>
"danyolgiax" <d.o### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I've got plane's wings where I want to put flags and other stuff like
> decals
> from gif or png files...
>
> It is possible? how?
>
> I tried with something like this:
>
> box
> {
>    <0,0,0><4,4,0.1>
>    texture {
>     pigment {image_map {
>     png "img.png"  once
>     }
> }
> }
> }
>
> with no results!
>
> Dox

Hi Dany,

I pasted your box definition into a scene file and it worked OK for me. The
image is only one unit by one unit by default so it initially only appeared
in the bottom left quarter of your box, but it was there. Scaling the image
by 4 made it fill your 4x4 unit box.

Is it possible that the problem is somewhere else in your scene - e.g.
camera not pointing at the box , or something else blocking the cameras line
of sight?

Regards,
Chris B.