POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Memory usage : Re: Memory usage Server Time
3 May 2024 16:11:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory usage
From: Chris Cason
Date: 1 May 2006 03:59:26
Message: <4455bfde@news.povray.org>
StephenS wrote:
> Related to memory usage.
>
> When I run biscuit.pov, the reported 'peak memory used' increases be 4080
> bytes each time.
>
> During any one session with POV-Ray the reported 'peak memory used' only
> lists the largest amount reached, and does not reset back to smaller
> amounts.

A workaround for this has been put in, thanks for the report.

While on the subject of memory I would like to point out that the memory
tracking in POV 3.7 isn't as accurate as in the past as it does not track
memory allocated with the C++ 'new' operator, which is now used extensively
inside POV. We will be doing a major revision of the memory tracking before
final release.

-- Chris