POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Roller Coaster WIP 5 (MPEG1 Link: 3.7 MB) : Roller Coaster WIP 5 (MPEG1 Link: 3.7 MB) Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:36:29 EDT (-0400)
  Roller Coaster WIP 5 (MPEG1 Link: 3.7 MB)
From: DJ Wiza
Date: 28 Apr 2006 03:00:23
Message: <4451bd87@news.povray.org>
http://www.sohcahtoa.net/videos/antigonemb.m1v

Nothing really new with the ride itself, but a test of a motion blur
script I made.  After trying to find a program to do this and failing, I
came up with the idea of just making a box with an average of image_maps
to overlay several images on top of each other.

So then I made the simulator in my roller coaster simulate at 300 fps,
then rendered the motion blur generating scene, which then resulted in
this animation.

For those interested, here is my motion blur script.  Its pretty simple.

#declare PREFIX = "bezier";
#declare DIGITS = 5;
#declare SAMPLESPERFRAME = 10;
#declare SUFFIX = ".png";

camera {
   orthographic
   location <0,0,-1>
   look_at  <0,0,0>
   right 1*x
   up 1*y
}

global_settings { max_trace_level 20
assumed_gamma 1
}

box {
   <-0.5, -0.5, 0>, <0.5, 0.5, 0>
   pigment {
     average
     pigment_map {
     	#declare xx = 0;
		#while (xx < SAMPLESPERFRAME)
         	[1.0  		image_map {
			png concat(PREFIX,
str(xx+(frame_number*SAMPLESPERFRAME),-DIGITS,0),SUFFIX)
   			map_type 0
   			interpolate 0
   	  		}]     // weighting 1.0
   	  	#declare xx = xx + 1;