POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Roller Coaster WIP 4 (MPEG1/DivX links) : Re: Roller Coaster WIP 4 (MPEG1/DivX links) Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:13:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Roller Coaster WIP 4 (MPEG1/DivX links)
From: DJ Wiza
Date: 26 Apr 2006 13:05:33
Message: <444fa85d$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> And maybe add in some random vibration to the camera too, although I guess
> it would be quite tricky to get that right, it would need to be linked to
> the speed of the wagon.

Wouldn't be too tricky at all, really.  The question is realism.

How much the track vibrates depends on the manufacturer and designer of
the ride.  Arrow Dynamics rides are known to vibrate signficantly,
especially during points of lateral Gs.  B&M are known to be smooth as
glass, with almost no vibrations at all.  Intamin is also very smooth,
but with a few years age, they tend to just shake a little.

Of course, all of those are just for steel tracks.  For wood, EVERY
manufacturer vibrates, its just a matter of how much.

So adding a vibration to the camera doesn't necessarily add realism.
Besides, I would think that video compression, especially low-bitrate
MPEG1, would HATE it.

-DJ