POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Liquid animation 20 : Re: Liquid animation 20 Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:58:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Liquid animation 20
From: scott
Date: 26 Apr 2006 12:04:28
Message: <444f9a0c@news.povray.org>
>> The "water" looks way too viscous, for the diameter of that pipe I
>> would expect the flow rate to be much higher.  Just my gut
>> feeling, it looks more like oil.
> I think the viscosity is correct. I think your feeling is more
> linked to the fact that there is no splashes or bubbles in the
> water.

My feeling was more to do with the water coming out the end of the pipe, it
seems to be flowing too slowly to keep the whole diameter filled (if you
know what I mean).  For the flow rate that is visible I would expect the
water to be running along the bottom edge of the pipe, not taking up the
whole pipe.

But as already commented, maybe this is because it is not clear what size
the pipe is, if it is a small pipe (eg a drinking straw) then it looks about
right.

Still, excellent work!