POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Roller coaster WIP (DivX 6) : Re: Roller coaster WIP (MPEG1 version) Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:40:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Roller coaster WIP (MPEG1 version)
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 17 Apr 2006 19:48:12
Message: <4444293c@news.povray.org>
"DJ Wiza" <Kil### [at] sohcahtoanet> wrote in message
> Yeah...I thought about that...there are so many MPEG4 codecs out
there.
>   MS has one, plus there's DivX, XviD, and I'm sure many others.  I
> think I'll start attaching MPEG1 files with a link to a DivX file.  Or

> do you think I should do it the other way around?  Or perhaps upload
both?

I think you should post MPEG1 files here, and post a link to an
XviD-file :p  But if DivX is your thing, then by all means, go for DivX
:)
wouldn't post them both here though.

> I don't use OGG Vorbis for that reason, pretty much.  I don't think
Nero
> supports OGG when I want to create an audio CD, and converting to WAV
> manually is a pain.

hmm, you know, I listened to an audio CD this weekend, only one track,
and it suddenly hit me: I hadn't listened to a real audio CD for about 5
years :)

> I'm currently in the process of rendering a new version with an actual

> track, complete with 2 running rails, a center spine, and track ties.
> It looks similar to a style Schwarzkopf used in his roller coasters.
> Eventually, I'll have all the track designs that No Limits supports.
> Although some, like the Intamin and B&M track styles, will require
some
> extra coding.  B&M has a boxy design for their track, and Intamin's
> track ties actually connect forward in their design.

amazing, I'm looking forward to your next animations :)

> This picture shows the Schwarzkopf style I'm creating:
> http://www.rcdb.com/ig2264.htm?picture=38
> (Except my implementation doesn't have those small bars between the
ties)

> This is a typical B&M design:
> http://www.rcdb.com/ig2528.htm?picture=45
> Note the faceted spine shape.
>
> And here's Intamin's design:
> http://www.rcdb.com/ig594.htm?picture=9

that one's high!! :)

> Of course, there are many other designers, but they'll be easy to
> implement.  They just need different diameters/offsets for the rails
and
> a different meshes for the ties.
>
> For example, Arrow Dynamics:
> http://www.rcdb.com/ig25.htm?picture=17
>
> Premier:
> http://www.rcdb.com/ig593.htm?picture=22
>
> And more...
>
> To see how all these designs look in No Limits, go to the screen shots

> section at http://www.nolimitscoaster.de/
>
> (Of course, Ole Lange, the author of No Limits, doesn't use the
company
> names, probably due to copyrights, with the except of Gerstlauer, who
> he's actually been working with to create their train/track designs.)

really interesting stuff, didn't know there were so many kinds of tracks
:)

cu!
--
#macro G(b,e)b+(e-b)*C/50#end#macro _(b,e,k,l)#local C=0;#while(C<50)
sphere{G(b,e)+3*z.1pigment{rgb G(k,l)}finish{ambient 1}}#local C=C+1;