POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making an animation: AA or no AA? : Making an animation: AA or no AA? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:13:39 EDT (-0400)
  Making an animation: AA or no AA?
From: DJ Wiza
Date: 17 Apr 2006 18:51:51
Message: <44441c07$1@news.povray.org>
Everyone acknowledges the benefits of AA in a still picture, but what
about when I'm making an animation and its going to be put into a very
low bitrate MPEG1?  Is there any benefit at all at still using AA?  Do
the smoother edges compress better?  Or does it depend on the scene?

The scene in question would be the roller coaster I've posted to
povray.binaries.animations.

-DJ