POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Help with light! : Re: Help with light! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:13:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help with light!
From: Alain
Date: 17 Apr 2006 15:33:25
Message: <4443ed85$1@news.povray.org>
danyolgiax nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 17/04/2006 11:10:
> HI!
>
> I'm trying to create a little omnidirectional light only for closer objects
> and I try with:
>
> light_source {< 0, 0,  0> color White
>    fade_distance 0 fade_power 0
>    area_light <0.1, 0, 0>, <0, 0, 0.1>, 3, 3
> }
>
> but this light up all the objects in the scene!!

fade_power 0 means NO fading. It's the default value.
fade_distance 0 don't make any sense. Try a small to very small,but non-zero, value.
Best bet: fade_power 2 fade_distance 0.1 (or less) and increase the brightness of the
light as much
as needed, like 100 to 10000.
You can use a fade_power larger than 2, like 3 or 4 or even more.
You can also use a light_group where you link the closer objects with your light. Add
"global_lights
on" if you want it to also be lighted by other light.

--
Alain
Christian Science: Shit happening is all in your mind.