POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Its disco time! : Re: Its disco time! Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Its disco time!
From: Slime
Date: 16 Apr 2006 19:49:25
Message: <4442d805$1@news.povray.org>
> I'm considering doing something like that.  I was going to run a trace()
> from each facet to the box making the room, but I was going to create
> the dots on the floor and walls using point lights, though I'm sure
> using polygons is much faster.

Hmm. The problem with polygons is that you can't easily project them onto
any complex shape (a box shaped room is about as complicated as you can
easily get).

A good solution would probably be: for every light source, for every facet,
create a duplicate light reflected around that facet, using
projected_through on the facet so that the light comes out of it as though
it were reflected from the original light source. Then you can get proper
shadows and lighting on complex surfaces.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]