POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Roller coaster WIP (DivX 6) : Roller coaster WIP (DivX 6) Server Time
3 Jul 2024 03:06:27 EDT (-0400)
  Roller coaster WIP (DivX 6)
From: DJ Wiza
Date: 15 Apr 2006 17:21:55
Message: <444163f3@news.povray.org>
There's a roller coaster simulator program named No Limits
(http://www.nolimitscoaster.de - don't be scared by the .de, the site is
in English) that uses beziers for creating roller coasters.  I'm
currently working on a program that will convert a track made by it into
a POV-Ray scene, complete with animation.

This is a test using a very simple "track".  I haven't actually written
the program, but I'm creating it in such a way that POV-Ray itself is
actually generating the coordinates of the spheres using SDL, as well as
calculating all the physics.  By changing just some array declarations
at the beginning that define the beziers that define the track, you can
change the track and POV-Ray renders and animates.

The idea is that all my program will do is read the No Limits track file
  and convert some binary data into some #declares and then add on a
standard SDL code to put it all together into a scene.

-DJ

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'bezier.avi.dat' (377 KB)