POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Odd behavior in rendering of scene : Re: Odd behavior in rendering of scene Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Odd behavior in rendering of scene
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 15 Apr 2006 12:22:10
Message: <44411db2$1@news.povray.org>
Ben Scheele wrote:
> Hey, thanks Thorsten and Alain.  I don't use an antivirus program, so
> that couldn't be an issue.  I researched RAM fragmentation and that is
> likely the culprit.  Aside from paying $15 for some RAM defragmenter
> that may or may not improve performance, is there some tweak that can be
> done in POV-Ray to get it to behave properly?

As was pointed out before, POV-Ray *does* behave properly. Why it doesn't
appear to be doing that on your computer is hard to tell, but clearly unique
to your setup. Basically, the problem you are seeing is not one of POV-Ray,
but of your computer, so changing POV-Ray won't help in any way.

How you could fix your computer is impossible to say, but a general
suggestion might be to backup for data, format the harddisk and reinstall
your operating system. With many Windows problems this tends to help :-)

	Thorsten