POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PoV Crash when rendering fonts in Tiger : Re: PoV Crash when rendering fonts in Tiger Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:14:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoV Crash when rendering fonts in Tiger
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 14 Apr 2006 17:41:06
Message: <444016f2$1@news.povray.org>
Anthony D. Baye wrote:
> The file type is FFIL but the info pane identifies it as a "Font
> Suitcase" there are also dfonts which are identified as Datafork
> TrueType.  My font folder contains very few actual .ttf files.

naturally you can copy any file to the Mac OS X fonts folder, but that
doesn't it will be recognized as a valid font by anything. You could even
copy an application into the fonts folder if you wanted to.

Your alternatives for Mac OS X are, as you found, to either get the stuff in
the suitcase out of it, or run in Classic.

	Thorsten