POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PoV Crash when rendering fonts in Tiger : Re: PoV Crash when rendering fonts in Tiger Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:08:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoV Crash when rendering fonts in Tiger
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 14 Apr 2006 16:58:00
Message: <44400cd8$1@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> Anthony D. Baye wrote:
>
>> Subject line pretty much says it.  Every time I try to use a font that
>> isn't a vanilla .ttf file, PoV crashes.  It only happens when the
>> fonts in question are contained in font suitcases, but I have no way
>> to remove the fonts from their suitcases.
>

> There are no font suitcases under Mac OS X, so whatever you are trying
> to feed POV-Ray probably isn't even a font.
>
> How exactly are you specifying the font anyway?
>
>     Thorsten
I beg to differ.  The files in question seem to contain the font
definitions much the same way as a suitcase would.

The file type is FFIL but the info pane identifies it as a "Font
Suitcase" there are also dfonts which are identified as Datafork
TrueType.  My font folder contains very few actual .ttf files.

And I've been specifying the font by name.  "Courier" or "Courier New" I
tried "Courier.ttf" as well, the result was always a crash.

But no matter.  Using a converter fixes the problem.

Regards,

ADB