POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : winlogo : Re: winlogo Server Time
1 Jun 2024 08:30:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: winlogo
From: Piotr 'utak3r' Borys
Date: 13 Apr 2006 10:28:50
Message: <443e6022@news.povray.org>
Hi Bob,

> Gave it to POV-Ray here to render and I only saw a 3X change in render times
> for the chrome and glass. I'm not sure what to suggest then, because that
> seems about right for glass objects.

Huh?... hmm, my Athlon64 3000+ chokes on this... will have to
investigate that.

> Something I wanted to point out about your global_settings is that you
> aren't using assumed_gamma, something that has often been discussed in the
> past, so you might want to check into that. Using assumed_gamma 1 is said to
> be correct (unlike version 3.7 beta where that has now changed).

I was always adding assumed_gamma, but this time I was rendering it with
3.7 beta :)

> And for radiosity it is common practice to use ambient_light 0 to squelch
> the effect of ambience and apply to the diffuse of textures.

Och, I forgot that... I'm using radiosity for a short period of time.
Indeed, it'd be better.

> One other thing I noticed, your chrome has fresnel reflection but that's
> applied based on ior (refraction), yet it hasn't any refraction; although,
> you may add that if you wish.

O, have to check it out... :) thanks!

--
cheers,