POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Strange shadows... : Re: Strange shadows... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:15:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Strange shadows...
From: Warp
Date: 13 Apr 2006 04:57:28
Message: <443e1278@news.povray.org>
Chris B <c_b### [at] btconnectcomnospam> wrote:
> If this is part of your aircraft, then you seem to be using 0.035 povray
> units to represent about 1 metre.
> If you use 1 metre = 1 povray unit, then you'll get far less of the sorts of
> problem you are getting.

  I don't think that's a problem, unless he is using measures of the order
of magnitude of one nanometer.

  Double-precision floating point numbers are quite flexible, and using
0.035 as unit is about exactly as accurate as using 1 as unit. It's only
when you start going to real extremes (like using 0.000000035 as unit)
when you might start getting problems.

--
                                                          - Warp