POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sponza radiosity competition : Re: Sponza radiosity competition Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sponza radiosity competition
From: Warp
Date: 12 Apr 2006 06:34:25
Message: <443cd7b1@news.povray.org>
lakcaj <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I have no doubt that povray can produce a render which looks very similar to
> the maxwell render, I'm just not quite sure how to go about it :)

  After playing with it a bit (with povray 3.6; it doesn't really need
megapov per se) I got something which perhaps resembles a bit more (but
not completely) the original:

http://warp.povusers.org/sponza.jpg

  It took 11 hours 23 minutes to render in my computer, though (3.4GHz P4).

  It's interesting to open your rendering and mine in a browser and switch
between the two to see the differences:

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1516/test4vv.png

--
                                                          - Warp