POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Odd behavior in rendering of scene : Re: Odd behavior in rendering of scene Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:06:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Odd behavior in rendering of scene
From: Ben Scheele
Date: 10 Apr 2006 14:01:36
Message: <443a9d80$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for looking into this issue as well, Chris.  I tried installing
this latest version and it still has that issue for me.  Here is a set
of render stats for successive renderings.

Parse + Render = Total

16 + 36 = 0:52
41 + 37 = 1:18
49 + 36 = 1:25
56 + 37 = 1:33
60 + 36 = 1:36
63 + 36 = 1:39
68 + 37 = 1:45
75 + 36 = 1:51
76 + 36 = 1:52

The render time is fairly constant, but the parsing time is increasing
until it reaches a saturation point eventually.  That does seem like an
odd behavior, doesn't it?  Would you please describe your computer's
setup, Chris (RAM, CPU, etc.)?  Thanks.

-Ben