POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Fog and Sky : Re: Fog and Sky Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fog and Sky
From: Bob H
Date: 8 Apr 2006 18:35:17
Message: <44383aa5$1@news.povray.org>
"wollinger" <wol### [at] gmznet> wrote in message

> a sharp edge in the horizon where the fog ends.
> Is there a way to have ground fog and a blue sky?

I'm not able to see what you are describing. Are you wanting the fog to have
the transmit 0.6? That obviously makes the fog show sky from below because a
ground plane doesn't exist and a line appears on the horizon, yet it remains
fuzzy not sharp in my rendering of your script.

If I move the camera upward, yes, a sharp horizon line appears. However, you
didn't mention any vertical translation.

To keep the fog from getting too far away, which causes a thinning horizon
line, use something like this:

sphere {0,10000 inverse pigment {rgbt 1} translate <419020, 0, 279020>}

Size might be different from what you actually use.

If I add a ground plane, substitute for a HF for example, I get a sharp line
in the fog unless I drop the ground a considerable distance or raise the
camera. Guess what I'm saying is that I'm not understanding your question
with regards to the sharp horizon line you're able to see there.