POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : How to speed up parsing in animation scenes? : Re: How to speed up parsing in animation scenes? Server Time
26 Jun 2024 14:23:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to speed up parsing in animation scenes?
From: Slime
Date: 5 Apr 2006 01:46:07
Message: <4433599f$1@news.povray.org>
> Is there a possibility to speed up things like that?
> Or is it my fault, because I use a rand() function for some
> objects.

Well, POV-Ray always re-parses the file each frame, and there's nothing that
can be done about that. However, if there's any part of your scene which is
dynamically generated (for instance, many objects created in a loop or
recursively) and doesn't change depending on the clock, you could #write it
to a file during the first frame, in POV-Ray SDL, and then #include that
file in the rest of the frames.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]