POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : transforming splines : Re: transforming splines Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: transforming splines
From: Jim Charter
Date: 4 Apr 2006 12:42:20
Message: <4432a1ec$1@news.povray.org>
Charles C wrote:

> I hadn't realised that a transform could be pre-defined.  That sounds a lot
> more convienient. Thanks

Welcome.
After re-reading your post I also remembered this that I sometimes use:

Say I wanted to position some points along a spline, (say ultimately to
position fish bones along a fish's sinuous spine.)  The Reorient_Trans
macro comes to mind, but it is used for objects and I just want the points.

You can do something like this:

#macro Reorient(Axis)
         transform { Reorient_Trans ( x, Axis )}
#end

then with
spline Spl defined:

vtransform ( P, Reorient( Spl(clock)-Spl(clock-delta) )