POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.7.beta.12 available. : Re: POV-Ray v3.7.beta.12 available. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:29:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.7.beta.12 available.
From: Warp
Date: 31 Mar 2006 12:24:50
Message: <442d65e2@news.povray.org>
> this is due to the way we handle color ranges and AA in particular. bwstripe
> uses a 'trick' to get the striping (very high brightness values), and that
> trick was dependent on the way POV handled these (particularly at what point
> the pixels were truncated to 1.0).

  I actually got this morning the wild idea that perhaps, just perhaps,
the effect seen with bwstripe.pov is the result of some experimental
antialiasing algorithm which handles the problems in the pov3.6 antialiasing.
  However, when I made a simple test with an overbright object, the edge
was still pixelated. So I suppose I was wrong. :(

--
                                                          - Warp