POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : QNAN - Error... : Re: QNAN - Error... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:19:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: QNAN - Error...
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 28 Mar 2006 12:21:03
Message: <4429707f$1@news.povray.org>
> For me the following SDL generates a QNAN every time (or rather 3).
> I'm on Windows XP with POV-Ray 3.6.
> This string comparison detects it too.

Yup, works for me too. Making the string smaller kills your
string-comparison, but that doesn't matter. I'll see what I can do with this
QNAN-Vector, might be interesting stuff to find. "EXPERIMENTAL" numbers,
so-to-speak. :-)

My first thought of checking if the QNAN is smaller as well as larger as a
given value doesn't work, too bad. I had hoped to have some means of simple
arithmetic to sort out QNANs instead of a pure check for QNAN and an
else-clause if there is...

Regards,
Tim

--