POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 2.2.1.2 Comments (block comments). : Re: 2.2.1.2 Comments (block comments). Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:34:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2.2.1.2 Comments (block comments).
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 25 Mar 2006 10:18:46
Message: <44255f56$1@news.povray.org>
Lance Birch wrote:
>>>I can confirm this bug exists in 3.7.0.beta.11c as well.
>>
>>  It's not so much a bug (ie. a programming error) than a limitation
>>of the editor. Limitations are not bugs.
>
> I suppose, but the behaviour surely isn't intended

It most certainly is intended. IIRC I vaguely remember it actually being
documented somewhere (older release notes maybe?) or having been discussed
before. It is just that nested comments cannot be colored correctly for
computational complexity reasons. It is not a bug, and anyway the way it was
"reported" and where it was "reported" were simply unacceptable.

	Thorsten