POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 2.2.1.2 Comments (block comments). : Re: 2.2.1.2 Comments (block comments). Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:33:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2.2.1.2 Comments (block comments).
From: Lance Birch
Date: 25 Mar 2006 08:53:58
Message: <44254b76@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in message news:44250ffe@news.povray.org...
> Lance Birch <-> wrote:
> > I can confirm this bug exists in 3.7.0.beta.11c as well.
>
>   It's not so much a bug (ie. a programming error) than a limitation
> of the editor. Limitations are not bugs.

I suppose, but the behaviour surely isn't intended: comments should be
highlighted as comments, only in certain situations they aren't correctly
highlighted.  From the end users' perspective it's a "bug" - it's not doing
what's expected.

It'd be like saying that the trace-and-no_image bug was a limitation rather than
a bug (in both cases something that's expected to happen doesn't happen).

In any case, it's a minor issue.

Meanwhile I'm still trying to reliably replicate a "60-second-freeze" bug that
happens with 3.7.0.beta.11c and prior versions as well (has anyone else
experienced this?).  It happened again today... it's a combination of tip of the
day being displayed and the splash screen, but I can't reproduce it reliably; it
only ever happens when tip of the day has been displayed and clicked past, and
then the splash image displayed and clicked past, at which point the interface
stops responding for 60 seconds (with no CPU usage), and then unfreezes and is
fine again.

I've experienced "uncategorized parse error" a few times too, though again I
haven't been able to reliably replicate the circumstances that create it (and I
think it might be to do with something that's not in the build on the website
anyway).

Lance.

thezone - thezone.firewave.com.au