POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Newbie question : Re: Newbie question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:20:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbie question
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 23 Mar 2006 14:21:47
Message: <4422f54b@news.povray.org>
> In anim8or, with a texture map applied to Emissive, you can simulate the
> effect of lit windows. I sthere any way to do this is POV-Ray? I think
that
> it can done with layered textures, but I haven't figured out how yet.

I'm not sure if that's what you're after as I haven't used Anim8or myself,
but you might want to have a look at "ambient" in the finish-block. Setting
it to 1 will result in a texture which is completely lit, with or without
light (as long as ambient_light in the global_settings-block is set to the
default). Note that additional lights will brighten the texture even
further, so you might want to set "diffuse" to 0 (also in the finish-block)
to make the texture disregard lightsources.

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias v2.0"