POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: variable debugging : Re: variable debugging Server Time
2 Aug 2024 04:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: variable debugging
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 23 Mar 2006 12:20:46
Message: <4422d8ee@news.povray.org>
WellenZillich wrote:
> Mike Raiford <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote
>
> Try, taking care for the Ampersand:
>
>     xterm -T DEBUGWINDOW -e tail -f ./DEBUG.txt &
>     povray +GD./DEBUG.txt ./INPUT.pov
>
> Lines in INPUT.pov like e.g.:
>
>     #debug concat( "nHALLO MIKE: ", str(clock,0,0), "n" )
>
> will produce their output in DEBUGWINDOW and, nearly, nothing else. Does
> work for pov3.6 on SuSE9.0
>
> Best regards: WellenZillich

Umm. What did this have to do with adding line breaks to the output? and
this thread is more than a couple months old, by now... I'm a bit
confused by this?

Are you saying line breaks cause problems in this situation?
Is this a platform-specific way to output debug statements with line breaks?
I actually use POV-Ray under windows, and had assumed that pov worked
pretty much the same across all platforms.

--
~Mike

Things! Billions of them!