POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Potential Bug : Re: Potential Bug Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Potential Bug
From: Bryan Heit
Date: 23 Mar 2006 10:22:06
Message: <4422bd1e$1@news.povray.org>
That was example code, the actual animations I'm working on consist of
thousands of frames.  The whole idea of the subset commands is to allow
the user to split up large animations like that between computers (i.e.
computer 1 renders frames 1-500, computer 2 501-1000, etc).  The problem
is that as it is currently implemented, the subset commands only work to
allow you to render from one specific point to the end of the animation.
  Not very useful if I want to split up a 15,000 frame animation between
5 or 6 computers...

Bryan