POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Camera and horizontal viewing angle : Re: Camera and horizontal viewing angle Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:16:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera and horizontal viewing angle
From: Chris B
Date: 21 Mar 2006 14:21:16
Message: <4420522c@news.povray.org>
"vianagmo" <vaa### [at] unaleduco> wrote in message
> Here is my complete code, and the command line I use is:
>
> povray Test.ini +W1064 +H800  +ICilindros.pov
>
>   ... snip ...
>
> camera
> {
>  orthographic
>  location <0.0, 0.0, -250*mm>
>  translate <(100*mm)*clock,0.0, 0.0>
>  look_at <(100*mm)*clock, 0.0, 0.0>
> }
>
> ... snip ...
> Like you see I have the proportion of 1.33 (W/H) . Anyway, I included what
> you say and change the command line, but the images still disappear from
> the rendering window. I need that the bounding box (the slim cylinders)
> have at least 780X780 pixels in (50mmX50mm) and that it completly appears
> in
> each
> rendering... Help Please!!!

I'm still not clear on what it is you need exactly, but if you use

  up    250*mm*y
  right 250*mm*x * image_width/image_height

and increase the width of your window to +W2000 you get what you seem to be
asking for. Alternatively simply starting your camera 120mm further to the
left (and adjusting the look_at point accordingly) satisfies your stated
objective, as does moving the camera less in a full clock cycle.

You can also achieve the same without using the image_width and image_height
settings by hand coding the values if you feel that the issues that Warp
spotted may affect you.

If none of those do what you need, then maybe it would help for you to
describe what you are trying to achieve in a more general way, or the
purpose, or a little about the context or background of what you are trying
to achieve.

Regards,
Chris B.