POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3 Gb memory limit? : Re: 3 Gb memory limit? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3 Gb memory limit?
From: Tom Austin
Date: 20 Mar 2006 15:30:24
Message: <441f10e0$1@news.povray.org>
Ger wrote:
> Tom Austin <taustin> wrote:
>

>> I offered what information I knew.  He might have already known it all,
>> but then he might not have.  I didn't presume that my information about
>> 32 bit systems would solve his problems.  I only thought that if I
>> offered what I knew that it might trip his mind on what was actually the
>> problem.
>>
>> And his problem was a 32 bit one.
>
> Neither 32bit nor 64bit. It was a screwed up kernel.

Ok, a kernel that was saying it was big, but acted small :-)
Whatever the problem was, it is now fixed :-)

> I did have the "big" kernel but it was erroneous and that's what threw me
> off

Don't you love it when the problem is something deep that's hard to
find.  At least it wasn't something that took you years to figure out by
accident :-)

Thanks for your reply in setting me straight.
I was mainly defending my desire to help out a fellow POVer.

LAter... Tom